Scale inhibitors?

T

thatbloke

Scale inhibitors , are these worth fitting?

limefighter.jpg

Client wants a softener fitted but cant be doing with scale on the drinking tap (kitchen sink) so I am thinking an inhibitor as well as a softener.
Can potable water be put through an inhibitor?
And if so would it be best used just fore the drinking tap or should I put it in before the softener to inhibit the incoming main?
What do you think guys?

Sponsored Links
not really. I live in a very hard water area and find the only thing that works is a water softener. All the eloctronic and magentic devices do very little. I fitted one of those single stage cartridge type things for my dad as a test, and it did improve the water quality but didnt stop all the scale. You might have better luck with a 2 stage system closer to RO water, but not RO water as you lose mineral benefits. Better off just getting a Brita filter if you ask me !

Sponsored Links
Inhibitors should be fitted as soon after the stopcock as possible. Potable water through an inhibitor - no problem.

So you said. Care to elaborate?
Yeah, I'll elaborate. They don't work :) When one of them comes with a meaningful guarantee that you won't get any scale while it is fitted, then you should fit one. Until then you are most likely wasting your money.

The cistermiser combimate works,all the other electrolytic and magnetic things are waste of time,we fit them because its bare minimum expected as part of benchmark

Fit the cistermiser combimate these things do work but obviously you will have to keep replenshing the silphos balls as necessary

http://www.cistermiser.co.uk/Combimate.aspx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back