scale treatment

Sponsored Links
Juries out on this one

IMO they are all hookum and balderdash

pure Dr Feelgood

:)

The rarely seen electrolytic ones do work but have other disadvantages.

The polyphosphate do have a useful effect but there are some disadvantages and they have to be replemished at intervals.

The electric ones have virtually no effect in my view. They are so low power its difficult to immagine they cab have more effect than putting you mibile phone beside the pipe!

The magnetic ones can have some beneficial effect in some circumstances.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
The electric ones have virtually no effect in my view.
The problem here is that your 'view' is based on what you want to believe, not on what actually happens.

Softus said:
Agile said:
The electric ones have virtually no effect in my view.
The problem here is that your 'view' is based on what you want to believe, not on what actually happens.

hence why its a "view" softus and not a definative article

:)

corgiman said:
Softus said:
hence why its a "view" softus and not a definative article
I know perfectly well that you're winding me up, cm, but I'll pick you up on this anyway.

Almost all of us present technical and professional views on this forum, but, whilst intuition is a very useful and powerful tool, the place for personal whims and wishful thinking is the GD forum. Agile's "view" was not presented with any reasoned basis in either experience or research, just a personal disbelief that a product can deliver the effect that some people claim to have seen.

I'm not perfect either - I detest braided flexible hoses, and not for any vastly sound reason. This prejudice is same as the one that some people have against plastic pipe and push-fit fittings, so I have to bite my tongue when I read of people using them (braided hoses), in an attempt to avoid being a hypocrite.

My "view" is an informed opinion based on my own experiences, reading others experiences and attending an IPHE seminar on water treatment!

In addition, as I know the powers provided are in the millewatt range, that is very low indeed. It will produce a magnetic field which is a few million times less than the field produced by the ceramic magnets in the permanent magnet types.

Tony

Notwithstanding what you belatedly reveal to be the basis for your opinion, the things that you know, and the things you believe, have led you to a conclusion that conflicts with the reality observed by some other people.

And yet, instead of you being curious to know the reason for that conflict, you appear to be continuing to march down an unprofessional and illogical path, albeit in your usual pompous manner.

I have heard of few people, outside of the launderette industry, who think that ANY of the water conditioners do anything much.

If the permanent magnet ones work then how can anyone who understands anything about magnetism expect the electronic ones to work with typically 30-50 mW of power?

Tony

Agile said:
I have heard of few people, outside of the launderette industry, who think that ANY of the water conditioners do anything much.
Somehow the I doubt the street cred of your survey of 'people you've heard of'.

If the permanent magnet ones work then how can anyone who understands anything about magnetism expect the electronic ones to work with typically 30-50 mW of power?
Have you asked the people who have that expectation?

Softus said:
............your usual pompous manner.

'ullo, pot calling kettle black again? Whilst the pot may be justifed in holding this view, it cannot expect to hold the moral high ground. :p

Hurrah! It's oilman. I believe I've actually missed you. :)

You're right, of course - I have no right to be the one pulling up Agile on being pompous.

In which case, I'll do it on behalf of non-pompous people everywhere. :D

On topic - my Hydrflo does diddly squat fro preventing scale on taps and fittings etc.,

Whether it is doing anythnig for my 80l Unvented copper cylinder.....?

Well I'm bug*ered if I'm cutting a hole in it to find out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back