Scantronic 9448+ Changing Door Sensor to PIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone. I've had an extension built on the rear of my house and as a result the rear kitchen doors are no longer there. However I've extended the cable so as to provide the possibility of adding a PIR in the new room. Just remind me what do I need to do in the control box to make this happen?

The new PIR has 6 connectors: + and - 12v, alarm and tamper.

Sponsored Links
The old contact should of had a pair for alarm & a pair for tamper, these would go into the same terminals as the new PIR. You just need to provide power via the other spare wires, choose a pair at the PIR end & wire the same pair into the AUX 12v terminals in the panel.

Thanks for replying Alarm Engineer! On going inside the box I see that whoever installed it only used 4 wire cable, so I will have to do without the tamper, not much of an issue really as all the wires are in the ceiling.

The red wire from the tamper is connected to the outgoing black of the front door. So, I take it that the black from the front door needs to go in which the other blacks on the tamper and the red and black from the back door (new PIR) need to go into the Aux 12 v

Yeah thats right, if your breaking the tamper loop, make sure it continues to loop round the other circuits. And use the old tamper pair for power now as long as your sure that cable does not loop round to other items.

Sponsored Links
I've removed those connections so all should be good. Thanks for your input and support, very reassuring. Haven't done alarms for about 20 years, but it slowly comes back to you.

On another note, can you connect these boards to the internet in any way?

Could I replace it with an hybrid system, so that web connectivity was possible as well as adding things like a front door camera via a phone App? If so, whose board would be best/best price?

Not your current system, but you could change to pyronix, search home control. Gives you cameras and app etc... Or soon to be released Texecom Connect

OK it appears to be working, except that Zone 1, the former back door now PIR is showing a tamper fault. Is there something I need to do, e.g. altering a setting or putting in a short wire somewhere, so that the system knows there's no tamper on that zone now?

There is no separate tamper for zone 1 ....it's a global tamper ....looks like it's wired incorrectly

Last edited:
All sorted and all working now. Thanks once again to your extremely helpful replies, Alarm Engineer and sparkymarka, all much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back