Scantronic 9448+ inputs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. My trusty 9200 alarm panel now seems to have finally bitten the dust. I was looking at replacing it with a 9448+ panel. However, going by the rather brief diagram, the zone and e/e inputs seem to require the addition of an in-line resistor. I just put the wires from the PIRs and door contacts straight into the 9200 panel at the moment. Does this mean that I need to find and solder in some resistors to all the inputs for the 9448?

Sponsored Links
The 9448+ doesnt use resistors, the wiring and diagrams should be virtually identical.

Thanks Denford1. I've got a wiring example for the 9448+ and although there is nothing shown for the zones there is a resistor shown on the E/E contact. Perhaps there is some difference between the 9448+ and 9448EUR models? Are you sure I don't need any?

Also, reading through the forum, and looking at the diagram, My Bell system looks like SAB. The strobe seems to be permanently wired to the negative with a relay contact suppying the positive. The new diagram shows the strobe permanently wired to the positive with a strobe output. So I'm wondering now if this is compatible?

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Thanks Denford1. I've got a wiring example for the 9448+ and although there is nothing shown for the zones there is a resistor shown on the E/E contact. Perhaps there is some difference between the 9448+ and 9448EUR models? Are you sure I don't need any?
... then you have a 9448ES NOT a 9448+

The resistor is needed

Sponsored Links
Nope. Just looking at the different model names and a bit confused.
So now someone says I need a resistor on the inputs and someone says I don't!

wait till you get onto the bellbox trigger monitoring ..............

Nope. Just looking at the different model names and a bit confused.
So now someone says I need a resistor on the inputs and someone says I don't!
9448 = NO RESISTOR in E/E circuit
9448+ = NO RESISTOR in E/E circuit

9448ES = RESISTOR in E/E circuit

someone

9448ES

"Raccordements des contacts magnétiques
La figure 13 décrit les raccordements, lorsqu’il existe un contact magnétique par zone.
Utiliser un câble à 4 conducteurs pour les connexions des boucles d’autoprotection et
d’alarme. Il est à noter que le contact reed est raccordé entre les vis en métal plaqué
(bornes repérées en noir sur le schéma)."

no mention of resistors .................

All clear now.

It has been suggested that I fit a Scantronic 9651EN-00 which has the option for resistors. Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for the connections? Also, I want to use the existing SAB bell housing and as Atilla points out this may be a matter of concern!

All clear now.

It has been suggested that I fit a Scantronic 9651EN-00 which has the option for resistors. Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for the connections? Also, I want to use the existing SAB bell housing and as Atilla points out this may be a matter of concern!

your bell will be fine - I was taking the proverbial

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back