Scantronic 9488 zone reset problem!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a scantronic 9488 - 3 zone model alarm

i have just had to re-wire the whole electricity in the house and had to reset the alarm.

So, i have used the manual and reset the alarm code etc - all fine.

However, only 2 zones are active, zone 3 is not wired into anything. the alarm does not set because of this (i think) - each time i set it, it goes off after 10 secs or so. I've tried to follow the manual to reset the "zone programming" using command "15", however the alarm doesnt recognise this and keeps throwing back a incorrect bleep. Is there another command that i should be using to de-activate zone 3?

Any help would be great - splitting my hair here!!

Sponsored Links
You will need to use the engineers code for the panel and not user code to program the zone off the system.

you can link the zone out?

Yes iv been using the engineers code...

But it doesnt seem to recognise the command "15" .. Iv been trying to link out the zone but hasnt worked. do i need to actually disconnect the wires?

That's because there is no program option 15 on a old 9448 ( not plus) 3 zone panel..... Option 1 remove wires from zone 3 and link out , find out what's on zone 3 ? Powered detector ? Aux fuse blown !

Sponsored Links
Iv looked in the panel and zone 3 seems to have a red wire looped in and connecting to each end.. Doesnt seem to be going anywhere but back into each other..

So should i just unscrew and remove the red wire? Does that link it out or do i need to do something additional to that?

Leave link in .... Remove battery and down power , re power up .... If it's still showing zone 3 .... Bin it

It's from the early 90s and a 9448 plus at around £30 ain't going to break the bank is it ?

Well the thing is it doesnt show zone 3.. When i set the alarm, it starts to set then sounds off adter 10sec.. But nothing on the zones is actually flashing..?

Internally or externally exit timer? ( default 10 secs ) your running out of time on exit ? Option 44 set To 2 enter 30s

Ok so set the timer to longer no difference..

Took out links to zone 3... And now it buzzes/flashes when i try to set the alarm. Im guessing this is a programming issue and some code needs to be entered to omit zone 3 from being set..?

Right start again .... Put in the link zone 3 , close all doors that need to be closed kick everybody out of the house, enter code stay in front of the control panel , don't move .... Does it set ? If not what is showing on the panel up to and including it not setting ...?

Right done all that..

But just doesnt set.. Goes off and day light just flashes red and siren flying off

If no zones are showing when you do this inc e/e 1.2.3 , tamper or panic ....bin it !
What happens if you enter engineer code press 97 enter ? Walk test do you get a long tone or pulsed with a zone light showing ? Omit stops this

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back