Scantronic 9500

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does anyone have the manuals for a scantronic 9500 V2.26 1988 panel.

We have a new manual but the menu structure is completely different as presumably, it refers to the latest version.

Sponsored Links
i was undder the impression the 9500 was obsolete.

what did you want to know?

(its the big metal panel with on board keypad)

Obsolete!? I only had them installed in 1988 ;)

Yes, the big grey wedge boxes with the onboard keypad and 2 line LCD display 4 branches 320 zones.

I want to change them to customer reset and program chime up but I cant find the option in the panel and neither can the alarm company who are now denying that chime or customer reset can be done. ( it has done it in the past)

I asked techincal who gave me the steps but I am yet to try it. The menu in the manual is different to that on the panels.

I like the panels as they are (were) idiot proof and there are plenty of idiots around! just as long as they dont try and unset the intruder alarm using the fire alarm. He was puzzled why the fire brigade turned up for an intruder alarm activation, I just give in, really, I do.

Anyway, I was hoping someone would have a copy of the 1988 manual rather than the latest version from the website as our original has probably been used as a door wedge or something

you cant do it.

The option to change it to customer reset is in engineers mode.
Its "engineer reset?" and you tell it "no"

I seem to recall that was it, but you (user) can deffinently not change it

you also have to be careful not to say yes to "communicator fitted" if it has an interface plugged on.

but it is just a case of anwering the quetions in engineers mode either yes or no.

Chime, i dont recall that. but if it was it will again be under chime ccts in engineers mode.

you as a customer can turn it on or off but not which ones chime.

Sponsored Links
thanks - ill have a go on the spare system tomorrow, see what i can get :)

1st, get a new alarm company, one who knows what they are talking about.

The Chime facility is found within Circuit Attributes, it has to be set for each circuit (when programming the panel) that you require to Chime when you switch Chime on.

Customer / Engineer reset is found in the Review Panel Controls section

spare? you have 2?

i assume you have the engineers code? if so a 95 really is easy, you only have the options of yes and no, and circuit numbers.

if you miss some thing you cant go backwards, you have to go round again

oh, useless fact:

the very first 9500 had some memory sapce left, the bloke who made it decided to make it paly a tune. with a special number. NO, i dont mean the dur, dur, dur, dur, as it counts the lims, it really could play a tune.

but i Have only ever seen 1 that could do it.

if your lcd display is lit with 2 small lamps it may be able to do it

well, one panel didnt have enough zones so we have 4 installed, more or less maxed out and a bunch of spares, including one test/meddling rig. It is all V2 with the proper backlit LCD rather than the V1 with the small bulbs

oh. No tunes for you then :LOL:

but i would consider getting a new panel, they are a bit long in the tooth, and i have seen lims lose their address (because they dont have a fixed address)

I know, just trying to postpone the inevitable. Gonna be a bit pricey getting a 1200 zone panel though. Would be nice having central control and fobs, zone text etc, hmm im drooling :)

Hi,

We have a new manual but the menu structure is completely different as presumably, it refers to the latest version.

I have an old manual for the 9500. Would you like it?

Hi,

I have an old manual for the 9500. Would you like it?
I would have thought after 8 months the problem has been sorted

If Johno still has the system, the manual may come in handy for future reference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back