Scantronic 9651/9930

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

My alarm panel has developed a fault-the internal sounder has stopped working and the final exit sensor on the front door appears to be at fault when we try and activate the alarm
basically it says their is a fault with the sensor (a magnetic one built into the door)

I have entered engineer mode and exited it which I thought ran some diagnostics but it simply leaves engineer mode with no problem. I am going to open the panel and check the wiring connections are still okay and also check the internal sounder works by connecting it straight to another source

Any ideas what else I should do to test it?

many thanks

Yoghurt

Sponsored Links
internal sounder/siren or speaker ???

if you connect the internal sounder/siren to a 12vdc supply it should sound.

but if you connect the speaker to a 12vdc supply you will cook it!!!!

as for the front entry exit contact, put the system in walk test, or even easier, set you system with the door open,

if the system sets, change the contact, if it does not, close the door, if it sets then there is nothing wrong with the contact.

hope this helps

John

many thanks John

Yes I meant the internal speaker so was going to test with a portable radio or similar, not the 12V

I have tried setting the system with the front door open and shut and both ways it says error on zone 1 (front door). I have a PIR nearby too so was thinking of simply teliing the system to ignore the door and change the PIR status to final exit

I have tried setting the system with the front door open and shut and both ways it says error on zone 1 (front door). I have a PIR nearby too so was thinking of simply teliing the system to ignore the door and change the PIR status to final exit
That is not the way to do it, replace the door contact.

Sponsored Links
i fully agree, change the contact, if its a surface one that is easy, if it is a flush mount (and painted) it will be a bit more awkward

but change it!!

John

Yes its flush mounted-I agree that replacing it sounds best

The weird thing is when I do a walk test and open/shut the door it shows correctly on the panel

Will let you know how it goes this weekend

many thanks

After cleaning the door contact it now works

I tested the speaker and it is indeed deceased so I ordered a (different) replacement http://www.hunters-wholesalers.co.uk/high-level-sounder-security-grade-p-41184.html Its a a High and Low level sounder

However I now need a bit of guidance with the wiring! The supplied instructions are not helpful.

Basically the sounder connections are ALARM + and -, E/E + and - and 2 tamper connections. It also has 2 wires going from the speaker to a connection called SPK + and - which on the circuit board.

On my alarm panel is the folloiwng:

I understand the tamper but not sure about the rest of them as they are called different things! Any help much appreciated

Cheers

Yoghurt[/img]

You'd have been better off with a speaker rather than an internal sounder, as this just needs two wires to work, will give you chime, alarm and entry exit tones and is not polarity conscious.

http://www.hunters-wholesalers.co.uk/sounderextension-speakertamper-p-694.html?cPath=42_85

If you just want something that'll make a racket when the alarm goes off on the siren you've bought, connect the Alarm + terminal to one of the 12v terminals on the panel, and the Alarm - to OP1 on the panel (top terminal on your diagram. There should already be a wire in there for the external bell box)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back