Scantronic 9651 and i-sdo1 module

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Scantronic 9651 - with 9943 keypad

I wanted to know if its possible in any way to connect the i-sd01 Speech Dialler Module

I understand it doesn't slot into the 9651 board and may need wiring.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
"Scantronic I-SD01 - I-ON Speech Dialler Module for I-ON16

The I-SD01 module is designed to fit on the I-ON16 control unit."

...or buy one of any number of speech diallers. We like fitting the Menvier (Scantronic's sister company) SD2 to 9651s. You can use the bell output or O3 to trigger it. Having a separate unit also means that you can mount the SD2 by the phone socket, next to the control panel or somewhere where the internal microphone will pick up what's going on - it's more flexible. I like the blue display, too... ;)

Be careful if you go for a GSM speech dialler - make sure that the SIM has credit or, better still, go for a SIM on contract. I've seen too many GSM speech diallers that have run out of credit. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Someone on this forum tried (and, possibly, succeeded) to get the Tiger 911 to work here, in the UK. Personally, I wouldn't touch it.

The other thing is a GSM gateway so that you can use (nice, cheap) landline equipment on (flakey, expensive) mobile networks. It's not what you want and it may not work in the UK...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back