Scantronic 9651 Battery Replacement Advice Required Please!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Hoping someone can give me some advice on replacing a duff battery for a Scantronic 9651. Our control panel was doing the usual alert beeps with the unit low battery warning and we could not get it to stop beeping every 15-30 mins. This carried on until 4am this morning so I'd like to avoid another sleepless night especially with a child in the house!

I've watched a video on taking out the old battery and replacing it which seems simple enough but if I'm one of the unlucky ones that has a system which requires an engineer reset, I'm stuffed as I don't know where to start with that. What would happen with my system if i can't do an engineer reset, does it just keep beeping and can't be shut off?

I've read the other threads that mention short circuiting NVM reset pins etc but I have no electrical eng knowledge at all so I wouldn't know where to start with any of that!

Sponsored Links
Changing battery is simple.
Until you open lid you will not know if tamper reset is by engineer code.
Open lid
Disconnect faulty battery
Replace with new battery either 2.8/3.2/7.0 ah battery
Replace lid ensuring lid is fitted back on correctly
User code to reset.
If at this point it requires a engineer code ,then ask how to do stage 1 reset. This has been posted numerous times on here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back