Scantronic 9651 Unit Low Batt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the Scantronic 9651 which consistently beeps at the keypad and displays UNIT LOW BATT. I am assuming this is the 12v 7Ah battery in the control unit. I have reset the system as I have the engineers code but after around 20 mins the beeping sounds again. I have two questions.

1. Is there anyway to permanently stop the beeping, I currently have it in installer mode and this appears to have done the job but I am concerned this will eventually timeout. (I ask this question as I am about to go to work and am struggling to get hold of a battery at short notice being bank holiday weekend.

2. Is there anyway of replacing the battery without the internal and external sounder going off on disconnecting the old battery (obviously with mains power off)

Sponsored Links
As its in installer mode open panel change battery , replace lid 99 tick or yes. Wait...... Exit eng..... Tick or yes ..... All done...

Europlex, I am a screwfix addict and never even gave them a thought, they do one but it does not specify a part number just 12v 7aH. I will take a punt and hope it has the correct size terminals (4.7mm rather than 6mm).

Sparkymarka, thank you for your reply, is this all with power off? My understanding was that the moment you disconnected the battery with the mains supply off the alarm would sound?

Sponsored Links
Sparkymarka,

Spot on, thank you. New battery installed in INSTALLER MODE with mains still on. Now serviceable again.

Battery from screwfix at £19ish and comes with 4.8mm terminals.

Job done.

Thank you for your swift replies, a great help.

Thank you everyone on here - including BobTheRocker - for the questions, ideas and answers. Saved me about £180, even with the exorbitant ;) cost of Screwfix's replacement battery. I really am grateful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back