scantronic 9800 front door alarm problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Need a bit of help and hopefully someone can assist!
We have a scantronic 9800 which was pre installed before we moved into our current home.
Anyway we decided that we needed a new front door.....however zone 2 on the alarm was the front door entry /exit.
Now i can't set the alarm as the control panel thinks that the front door is not shut !!
Anyway i can part set the alarm myself to miss out zone 2 but include all the others...?
Any comments welcome !
thanks
Jon

Sponsored Links
ok....what does that mean?I have absolutely NO diy nous so please keep it simple!
my old front door has gone (the fitters took it away)
if poss i want to exclude that zone (although i dont think it has been programmed to allow zone omtting)
or
reprogram one of the part set (C) and leave out that zone?

The old door had a ( most probably) flush magnet in line with the one on the door frame, if not a surface one.
Without this your alarm will not work on full set and with difficulty on part.
You need this, you cannot do without it.

Get them back to replace the missing part or buyone from maplins or B & Q

You need either a Flush or a surface magnetic contact, although only one half of it, the magnet but you have to buy in a set.
If it is the flush one you will also need a 20mm wood bit, if the door is wood obviously.

Sponsored Links
ok....what does that mean?I have absolutely NO diy nous so please keep it simple!
my old front door has gone (the fitters took it away)
if poss i want to exclude that zone (although i dont think it has been programmed to allow zone omtting)
or
reprogram one of the part set (C) and leave out that zone?
If they only replaced the door, have a look on the frame for something disc shaped sunk into the frame or a small rectangular shaped (usually white or brown) item screwed to the frame.
If both missing, look for a wire hanging/protruding.
Tell us what you find...or don't

Hi,
I have scantronic in my shop and the front door beeps when someone comes in or goes out. There was a problem and beep suddenly stopped working. After spending long long hours to read the manual and the rest I finally found a solution to activate the door enterance beep again. However I managed to leave the system on "TEST" mode, which means the rest of the alarms don't work. As i dont need the rest of the alarms, and my problem was sorted I was happy. So if you guys dont worry about alaram but the front door(or any of the doors) making a beep noise when they are open, I wrote the steps you need to take below:
1) Take the fuse out from the main board
2) unscrew the main board panel
3) you will see a big battery right bottom corner
4) Get a screw or a wall pin, find the RESET pins on the main board (ITS LIKE TWO SHORT METAL PINS STICKING OUT ON THE BOARD)
6) Place the screw/pin between these two RESET pins.
7) Put the battery's red wire back on.
8) Wait 10-15 seconds
9) dial "1234", "0", "7890" respectively.
10) you will see "E" on the dialpad. That means you entered "engineer mode"
11) then go and open the door that you want to beep
12) When the door is open come back to the dialpad, and press "97"
13) Then onthe dialpad you will see the number of the door that is open. my one is "c1",but it can be "c2", "c3"...etc. This indicates the zone.
14) Then close the door
15) And you are done!!

The door is on TEST mode but it works.

the instructions are for the ones who DO NOT NEED AN ALARM.
Of course you could call an engineer to fix it and give you a big bill at the end of long hours. insurance is a lot of bullshit, they will never pay if you claim anything anyway, so why waste money?

i was going to make a comment, but i decided not to bother as he seeems not to give a rats arse about alarms.
but also knows the insurance industry as well.
so why try to tell him something that he wont care / give a flying fxxk about

Oasis

those who do this for a living know and those who know that we know know its ok to know it.

I wonder if this .......d knows how many different types of control panel there are?

I wonder if we could get his IP address from DIYnot to pass on to anyone who take this advise (?) and then 'stuffs up'?

.... AND, the insurance company will NOT be happy.

It's very silly to make comments about two industries of which you have proved to know nothing.

Hi,
I have scantronic in my shop and the front door beeps when someone comes in or goes out. There was a problem and beep suddenly stopped working.
I apologise, I left a bit out.

The reason 'Chime' stopped working is very simple to explain.

Someone who does not know how to operate the alarm system correctly, has, been playing. In simple terms, they turned it off.

I suggest next time you have a problem you don't come on to a Forum such as this and butt into an ongoing thread that has nothing to do with your 'problem'. Start your own.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back