Scantronic 9800+ alarm help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could someone help me with ommitting a zone on my alarm please?

I have just moved into a house and we have a scantronic 9800+ alarm fitted.

We have had EVERYTHING replaced in the house, plastered, flooring, door fixed etc.

I am getting a problem setting the alarm, the door (C1) is tripping, I have looked at the connections etc but we have had so much work done it could have been broken anywhere.

does anyone know of a way of looping out the zone or omitting it from the system so my alarm is working again, I can't really part with any cash (getting an engineer to test) as my wife is now 6 months pregnant and we have other things that are crying out to be bought before an alarm being fixed . any help is very gratefully appreciated. :)

Sponsored Links
I assume you do not have the engineer code, therefore you cannot program out the device.

Since you say the door has been replaced has the magnet been put in the new door? Is it aligned?

Door contact goes into the frame, the magnet goes into the door, when the magnet meets the contact, the circuit is made.

Zone 1 (c1) would normally be the front door contact. Which normally starts and ends the entry/exit timer, isolating that device could cause the system not to start the entry delay and the system going into full alarm when the next device (c2/3/4...etc) sees you without you opening the entry door (c1) first.

If this is the front door contact, have you checked that the magnet, which is fitted opposite the contact is still fitted to the door?

Have you tried closing the connections, ie, have you twisted the cables together in the contact? You will find 2 cores already twisted together (tamper pair) and the alarm pair (the ones that aren't and are terminated separately). Try twisting the alarm pair together and set. If C1 doesn't appear you need a new door contact. if it does you need to isolate within the panel, you shouldn't open the panel unless you understand the risks and can idenitfy and/or isolate the live supply.

thank you so much for your reply, the door contact is still there but I am not sure on the state of the wire as it goes underneath the new floor and behind the new plaster :confused:
the door contact is still in place, I have tried removing it from the door and placing it on the contact to try and clear the C1 error but no joy,

I will try twisting the 2 wires and see how I get on, thank you so much again for your help :)

I have looped the two cables but no joy, still C1 on test, I believe the engineers code is 07890 for these, (just through a google search of DIYnot) so I think that means the cable has been broken by one of the 3 tradesman working near the door, is there a simplish way to exclude the front door from the alarm?

I am pretty sure it will not ruin the delay loop as we did set it before bed and it never tripped when we came down in a morning

Sponsored Links
Type in what you think the engineers code is. If the screen displays a E, your in engineer mode. If it does nothing you'll have to link out in the panel.

Post back, and I can give info for either way.

EDIT, yes 07890 is the default code. This is normally chnged by the installing/maintenance company if you ever had one.
Also if you use B or C for part setting at night this would be set up differently and would not require you to open the door.

bugger, nope, engineer code doesnt work, they have left it blank in the handbook too :/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back