Scantronic 9800 pir replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a scantronic 9800 home intruder alarm systemand I want to replace the pir. Could anyone advise me what would be a suitable replacement please

Thanks Ted

Sponsored Links
Any standard pir will do like texecom compact,risco digi sense .If room has a open fire /stove or a conservatory you should then use a dual technology sensor.These detectors will all wire 4 wire double pole .

Hi Ted,

I was thinking along the lines of style matching, for example if a detector has been up in a corner removing can expose old decorating and having a newer version of an old PIR could cover, for some this is an important requirement for others it isn't, mutipul PIR's in a house I know some of my customers would replace with similar looking or replace the whole lot just for the right asthetics.

DT as mentioned above for those areas prone to false alarms.

Can I ask why you want to replace the PIR?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your responses. The existing sensors are a bit old and discoloured. Bits of the cases have cracked when I have opened them in the past. Also from time to time the alarm goes off over night for no reason. After chatting to a local engineer he suggested that it could be faulty tamper switches in the pirs. I thought therefore it would be worth replacing them. Once again thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back