Help....Scantronic 9800+ Alarm

I just asked and the alarm company will not give me the code.
All I want is a working user code and not a system service.
I have left it a long time between trying the code I have been given.
It has a flap on the front so it must be the 9800 then.
I am the owner of the property.

Sponsored Links
The company WILL NEVER give out their own code, unless in partnership with another and even they they generally use a different one. Common to the two.
I did say they will not.

So two choices, DIY and hope you can follow the manual (Some can some cannot). Or pay.

Thank you Alarm. I have read the 9800 manual section Refreshing the NVM. I guess this is what I would have to do.

Is turning off the main switch on the fuse box likely to do this remove the mains power? I would not think they would wire the system in before the main fuse box or even be allowed to but I am no expert.
Will the alarm go off when the case is opened? If it does is there a way to prevent it or is it a case of disconnecting the battery as quick as possible to stop it? Are the battery terminals easy to get to and is it just a screw holding each wire on?

My main concern is setting the alarm off and not being able to stop it. The company that fitted it said there was no time out so it would sound presumably until the battery went flat with the mains off.

I really see no need for reprinting defaulting section of the manual.

Standard parameters yes, not the above.

It should be wired to a spur, pull the fuse. Open panel and then pull off the battery leads. It will be making a noise as it should.
The external sounder will ring whilst you do the rest of the procedure unless you have ladders and can access the housing and isolate the battery in that too.
Although defaulting and rebooting if you READ it carefully will not take too long.

Could you kindly edit out the defaulting information.

Sponsored Links
Default info is available all over the net. So what? When did a burglar last break in to default an alarm? :confused:

Default info is available all over the net. So what? When did a burglar last break in to default an alarm? :confused:

It has been known in commercial situations.
And the less it is able to be linked to Google the better.

The only crook likely to default a commercial alarm is someone that works with them. - an alarm engineer - and he's got the manual.

In my experience a burglar is more likely to resort to cruder methods than defaulting a panel, but it's not information that needs to be in the public domain (mainly to prevent end users taking lids off things, having a go and then ending up with a useless system because they've read the manual and it looks easy). Personally, I don't mind people having a go if they want. We're usually the ones that end up going to sort the mess afterwards anyway!

You can mess with your car, you can mess with your PC. You can mess with your alarm panel too. It's not a secret world - it's there for anyone to do.

The only crook likely to default a commercial alarm is someone that works with them. - an alarm engineer - and he's got the manual.

Speak for yourself.
We do not generally need the manuals anyway.
Us real ones pass our CRB`s and have no criminal records.

We're usually the ones that end up going to sort the mess afterwards anyway!

So true.

i don't have a criminal record. One speeding ticket is the closest I've come.

Nothing to do with the topic anyway. Bottom line is that default info is of no use to a crim.

I have seen it twice in my years where a person has defaulted and made out he was fixing something and another code was inserted and then used at a later date which obviously did not relate to anyone in the company.
Yes it is rare, especially with G3/4 systems now
And there were only two other codes in use which he had access to due to poor security, luckily he was not aware of covert CCTV added later :D
The second got away with it and logs had shown a default.

As you have said before the system does not lie and a printer or lappy attached soon shuts people up.

Good for you with no record, same here.

But I do hate having to work in cop shops updating their bloody computers when a Detective cannot work out DVR software, especially when it is on the damn disc when the evidence is burnt onto it!

I did not resolve the problem and am looking at it again. I have a few more questions but do not want to start another debate.

1) If I cut the mains power to the alarm box will the alarm go off?
2) If I cut the mains power to the alarm box will the alarm go off as the battery goes flat?
3) Will it show the alarm is not working on the keypad panel when the battery is flat?
4) With no mains and a flat battery is ti then safe to open the alarm box without it sounding?

Thank you for any positive help.

answers are if you remove the mains power it will go onto battery backup unless the battery is faulty. if the battery was faulty the 9800 would keep going off with BF for battery fault, so we can assume the battery is ok, but cant be 100%, now remove battery lead if your system has a healthy sab unit ( battery in bellbox ) that will now ring for 15/20 mins or untill flat depending on the bell box fitted, do the nvm reset and enter default code to stop sounders enter engineer code to go into programming mode and reprogram as required. re fit lid and walk test. then fully test.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back