Scantronic 9853

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're (hopefully !) going to be moving soon and the new house has a Scantronic 9853 alarm system that is maintained and monitored by a local company. I'm not interested in continuing the maintenance or monitoring so will be cancelling the agreement but obviously I would still like to be able to service the alarm myself. Assuming that the default codes have been changed should the maintenance company provide the codes if requested by ourselves\the current occupiers or is this going to be considered 'proprietary information' and are likely to only offer to come out and change them to something of our choosing at a cost?

If the latter is it possible to reset to default and program up from scratch?

Cheers

Jim

Sponsored Links
You should be able to get the user code and fobs from the previous owner or the estate agent... :eek:

If possible, you might be able to get the previous owner to get the system serviced, the communications/monitoring disabled and the the codes defaulted. Once you're in, you'll almost certainly have to pay the installer to default the codes, etc.

When you've got your installers manual, you'll see how to do a "first stage reset" to default the codes (and only the codes and fobs). The rest of the programming will remain unchanged so you will want to disable all the stuff relating to the communications. This will include the commands 33 (change to User Reset) and 48 (I think, keypad lockout - disable). If it was using the on-board digi, you can set the dialling mode to NONE (101?). - My manuals are in the van and I can't be bothered to check the commands at the moment! ;)

You'll also want to disconnect the comms hardware. This will just be the telephone line if it's using the digi (remember to insulate the cable end or disconnect the other end from the telephone system) or the STU/DualCom, if you've got those. POWER DOWN THE PANEL COMPLETELY (mains and battery) BEFORE REMOVING THESE!

If you really want to default the panel completely, you can do that too.

Thanks EightyTwo, managed to find a copy of the installer manual and the reset procedure looks pretty straight forward so hopefully should be good to go once we move in.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back