scantronic i-on40 keypad question...

S

skuba

i've got my scantronic i-on40 control panel hidden in a little cupboard upstairs with the wired keypad attached (the one with the lcd display). i've got a i-rk01 wireless keypad downstairs to set/unset the alarm as we enter/leave the house

the problem is, there's no speaker on the wireless keypad downstairs and because the control panel is upstairs in a cupboard, you can't hear the countdown timer etc. i was hoping there would be a simple fix by upgrading the wireless keypad to a better version, but i don't think such a thing exists. to make matters worse, you can only reset any tampers from the main keypad upstairs, so if you miss the countdown because you can't hear it, you then have to go back upstairs to reset the system :(

....so basically, it's a pain in the backside. any suggestions/ideas that don't involve relocating the main keypad or control panel?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Fit a loudspeaker. You could run the cable up into the loft and bring it out onto the landing. Then mount the spealer on the wall, up high.

sorry to resurrect an old post, but i didn't see much point in creating a new thread. can anyone recommend a loudspeaker that would work with i-on40 control panel? i'm quite new to this stuff, so i need to ensure there are no compatability problems etc

cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back