Scarped Oak Flooring - Any Views

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
B&Poo have a solid wood flooring with a "scraped oak" finish to it. It's also known as Home Sense in another store, and there's a laminate version called Oslo. The finish is smooth but with a bumpy texture to it - its supposed to emulate a "worn" look.

Has anyone fitted this, and if so - any views on the finish and durability once down. My only concern, is that if I ever needed to sand the boards - the effect would be lost.

Sponsored Links
Down to personal choice. And if you think you ever will need to sand your solid floor, don't buy scraped Oak then.

Sorry, but that's really what it is: personal choice.
do you like the look of scraped oak? (and there are many different types of scraped oak around. In our showroom we have smooth scraped and a type that feels really rough - and both types appeal to different client types.

If you like the look, go for it.

Sponsored Links
I've just re-read my reply - and it does come across a little sarcastic, and this wasn't the intention. I guess what I was trying to say, is that after a lengthy chat with the owner of the shop - this is the most popular finish they sell at the moment, its currently on offer, its a doddle to fit - etc. etc. I wasn't expecting enything less to be honest, a sale is a sale - and if it takes a bit of truth stretching to get there.....

I was looking for an independant and unbiased view on the finish - if anyone had opted for this and fitted it.

Thanks for taking the time to reply though.

We don't know the brand you've seen there. If you have the chance, take a proper look at the sample board and look at the T&G.
That should normally give you a good idea about quality and fitting ease

I'll probably fetch a few sample boards home over the weekend, as I need to look at the colour against the wall colour and wallpaper.
Thanks.

Be aware wood matures over time: most will become a bit darker - warmer within 2 years. Tropical species even within 3 weeks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back