Schock Monobloc Kitchen Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just fitted the above tap into a new sink, but there appears to be one major flaw.

The body of the tap moves with the connections beneath when the tap is swivelled. This means that the flexible hoses beneath the tap also twist, putting them under extra strain.

This seems highly dodgy to me and very poor design. Does anyone sleep have experience of this arrangement with this or any other Monobloc tap?

THANKS.

Sponsored Links
Yes i just found one on their site.
Looking at the pic there is clearly a gap between the chrome base and the coloured stem where it should swivel.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for looking. When the tap is swivelled the collar doesn't move, so yes you're correct in that the two parts don't move together. However, the threaded shaft beneath the collar (ie under the worktop) moves with the flexi pipes and body of the tap. All very odd. Can't be good for the pipes.

Ar i get you strange idea.
Give them a ring see what they say may be right but never seen a tap like that if it's right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back