School dinners. Lies from the government.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
An educashion minister said the other day she "was determined to ensure"school dinners improved, and the government is putting in £millions to ensure it happens.

What a load of lies, after all, they were SO surprised to learn the children were being fed rubbish.

Um... not quite. In 1980 the tories got rid of the nutritional regulation for school dinners. Through the early nineties Labour members battered the tories about the poor state of the dinners. Labour took over in 1997 and ,....yes......they drew up guide lines (with the catering firms).

The proposed school kitchen improvements are all PFI schemes, where the government allows the "schools" to spend the money in the way they see fit. Example: Lewisham's school dinners demonstrated these improvements where "catering" is done by Scholarest...........them wot serves Turkey Twizzlers, so loved by Jamie Oliver.........NOT!!.

I wouldn't want to see Michael Howard as prime minister, but this shower headed by T. Bliar have got to go.

Sponsored Links
Bit of a strange post Oilman-----rumour is that Blair agreed to it because Jamie Oliver said he might stand against him in the election.

Also yo say Blairs lot are a load of wasters, but wouldnt like to see Howard in Goverment , why when you know nothing of his possible achievements if he was there.

Well looks like you must have been eating school dinners then because it seems to have affected your ability to assimilate information.

I KNOW Bliar agreed to it, but agreeing is just a noise, something like "mmmm". They express surprise the dinners were so bad, but they knew for all of the 1990s, and they've been in 7 years and the dinners are now a surprise?

As for not knowing what Howard is like, I remember him as Home Secretary, you obviously don't.

Shuldn't we be feeding their minds and given them an edukashun so thet thay can reed n right proper like watt us grown ups does ??
;) ;) ;)
(Bugger, where's spell checker when you need it !)

Sponsored Links
Did anyone watch question time last thursday? This extra £300M was one of the topics. The labour spokesperson was questioned about the Gov using £60M of the £300M to fund a Quango to oversee the extra spending. So effectively only £240M is going where it is needed.

I don't know the name of this new Quango, but the labourite on the panel did keep avoiding answering and never denied it, so I presume it must be true.

the thing that got me was the bare faced lies told by the education secretary. On the program it clearly showed that when she was put in place after charles clarke was moved to the home office, that they were changing the rules slightly and not spending another penny. Suddenly the programs on, everyone sits up and is in outrage and then she comes on telly and says, well we were always going to do it, but of course i couldnt say anything because of various budget reasons, not announced until today....what a load of two faced crap!

hey thats clever c.r.a.p automatically gets changed to rubbish, how spooky! now if i write rubbish does it change back to crap?

oilman said:
I wouldn't want to see Michael Howard as prime minister, but this shower headed by T. Bliar have got to go.
If you can read "England our England" from my thread, you will even hate Blair even more, he has already sign our freedom away. The EU can force us to have the euro whether you like it or not and once we have the euro that will put us into EU. It's a scary book to read to what else Blair & Co has done without anyone knowing.

Well that'sthe biggest load of nonsense I heard in a while . Absolutely no politician in this country is going to sign up to anything which would oblige Britain to use the Euro.

I saw Bliar as totally untrustworthy when he first became PM. Everything that's happened since then has confirmed I was right.

oilman said:
I saw Bliar as totally untrustworthy when he first became PM. Everything that's happened since then has confirmed I was right.

I totally agree, i watch this all the time and have an impartial view on it liveing where i am and what i have noticed is----

He repeatedly lies and gets away with it

They use sayings and examples from the early days of the 80's Tories to try and slag the Tories off, like---it doesnt add up-----and the latest one is the middle class hiccup in take home pay being less under Labour is because of the world wide economic slow down----this is absolute rubbish by the way, only Germany and France are in difficulties.

But its like watching a re-run of those days, even with Iraq instead of the Fazklands.

Trouble is though, they havent got the class of the Thatcher Tories and everything ends up in a mess.

But since he came to power, only one pledge have they managed to keep and that looks like it could all unfold andf that is Fox hunting, thet havent managed to get anything else right at all, they just seem to blunder through day by day and just hope things end up OK

Damocles said:
Well that'sthe biggest load of nonsense I heard in a while . Absolutely no politician in this country is going to sign up to anything which would oblige Britain to use the Euro.
Why are you so certain it's nonsense. You are very pro Europe, if you were an MP you would probably agree to scrapping the pound. So why wouldn't they?
Doesn't the constitution say we should have one currency anyway?

Damocles said:
Damocles,

I was hoping you was right but doesn't appear so, the book cost £8.99 and worth reading. Everyone, please go and buy this book, Vernon Coleman can't be lying because nobody including the politician hasn't challenge him what he has written that isn't true.

It's well written and easy to understand with no boring details.

One of the thing that surprised me in the book was Blair & Brown has agreed to the EU in 2002 (?) that the price of petrol is not allow to come down in the UK.

What gets me about you Damocles, is that on about a hundred points raised over the past few weeks you have argued with ever point put forward by different people on Europe and the EU.

You are 100% correct 100% of the time on these issues according to you.

You are never wrong about the EU and their plans, and everbody elses concerns are just rubbish according to you.

Now Vernon Cole is wrong because he questioned the EU

Is anybody right by your thinking, according to you the EU can do no wrong in its thinking and its benefits to everybody on the planet except the Americans of course.

I think we have eventually found heaven its called the EU or is it another Trojan horse?????

Masona I must admit I haven't read this book but then I am completely opposed to the EU anyway. I would welcome comment from our Europhiles as to whether they believe anything from the following extract is true or not though.

Thirty Facts You Should Know About The EU (taken from the book 'England Our England' by Vernon Coleman)

1. The phrase European Economic Community was invented by Nazi Hermann Goerring. The phrase United States of Europe was invented by Adolf Hitler.
2. Not one citizen in any of the 15 nations in the E.U. has ever been asked if they wanted to join the E.U.
3. Every English taxpayer pays £450 a year for membership of the E.U. For every £1 England receives from the E.U. the English taxpayer must hand over £4.15 to the E.U.
4. Joining the euro will cost every Englishman, Englishwoman and English child £650 in hard cash.
5. Corrupt E.U. staff are immune from prosecution.
6. Fraud costs the E.U. between £4 and £8 billion a year.
7. The E.U. is planning a chemical testing programme which will involve pointlessly torturing and killing 50 million animals. The programme will be partly paid for with money contributed by English taxpayers.
8. More than half of the world's most useful inventions since 1945 were made by Englishmen and Englishwomen.
9. The European Union will shortly ban the sale of effective vitamin therapies (much to the delight and profit of large drug companies).
10. The E.U. now takes precedence over the Queen of England and the Government is rewriting oaths of allegiance. Policemen, members of the armed forces and civil servants will swear oaths of allegiance to the E.U.
11. The E.U. wants to ban political parties which disapprove of the E.U.
12. The Labour Government is trying to abolish trial by jury in England. They are doing this because the E.U. has told them they must.
13. Members of Europol (Europe's new official police force) are armed and `immune from the law'.
14. The E.U. spends £600 million a year telling English university students the value of England being part of the E.U.
15. The E.U. banned firemen's' poles in English fire stations because bureaucrats in Brussels were worried that firemen might hurt themselves. The bureaucrats also felt that the poles might pose a hazard to blind and disabled firemen.
16. The Labour Government's Regional Assemblies will mean the end of England.
17. As a result of E.U. policies the average English family has to pay an extra £1,000 a year on food.
18. The E.U. keeps files on people who might one day be suspected of doing something contrary to E.U. law. The E.U. keeps at least 56 different types of information about each suspect (including racial origins, religion and political affiliations). If you're reading this the chances are that Big Brother is watching you.
19. England has over £600 billion invested in pension savings - and has unfunded pension liabilities of £4,000 per head. But if England joins the euro English pension debts will rise to £30,000 a head. If we join the E.U. our pension savings will be handed over to the E.U. and shared out among E.U. countries whose citizens have not saved enough. England will have to take on part of the E.U.'s £1,200 billion pension debt. Your pension will be in peril.
20. England's oil reserves are worth over £250 billion. The E.U. now regards those reserves as a `shared E.U. resource'.
21. The Government has handed England's £32 billion worth of gold and dollar reserves over to the E.U.
22. The number of laws created by the E.U.'s bureaucrats in Brussels far exceeds the number of laws passed by England's parliament in its first 700 years.
23. Duty free sales were abolished to make the E.U. look like one big country.
24. The European Court of Justice now has the authority to overturn laws made by the English parliament, and verdicts delivered by English courts. European courts and laws now take precedence over English courts and laws.
25. If the E.U. has its way (and it will) the England cricket, football and rugby teams will disappear.
26. The European Commission President wants to create an inner core of `fewer than 10' unelected, unaccountable vice presidents who will run the new Eurostate.
27. The E.U. spends over £1 billion a year supporting the production of poor quality tobacco - which is too poisonous for sale in the E.U. but which must be `dumped' on undeveloped countries. Many Greek, Spanish and French farmers exist on these tobacco grants.
28. The new E.U. army of 60,000 soldiers will soon replace the English army. The English army (and its traditions) will disappear.
29. Every new E.U. law, directive and regulation must be translated into each of 11 official E.U. languages. By the year 2004 the E.U. will have 21 official languages and the E.U. will have to find tens of thousands of skilled and honest interpreters able to translate Estonian into Polish, Czech into Maltese, Dutch into Hungarian etc etc. There will be 420 possible interpreting combinations. The E.U. will become even more unwieldy than it already is.
30. It will soon be illegal for England to withdraw from the E.U. If we join the euro it will be impossible to leave.

Sponsored Links
Back