Schoolboy error..Taps and Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've seated my bath with holes pre-drilled. I've not had the tiles fitted yet, but did a dry run seeing if the taps would slide in front of the tile once it is on.

They don't.. Placing the threaded inlets in front of the tile looks like the holes need to move around 10mm forwards.

They are pretty big Bristan Oval taps, we have chosen so there may be a smaller tap I can find, but most dimensions I've found don't include the deck width.

Otherwise can anyone suggest a way to rectify the problem. I guess one option is to fill the holes with fibreglass and re-drill them? Even doing this means they will be close to the front of the lip as the bath is recessed a little way into the wall due to space constraints.

I could file away the front the hole of the hole, and then look to see how much hole I have left and fill the space at the back as well?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Recess the bath more at the other end?

Take more plaster off so the tiles sit flush?

Buy a shorter bath?

Re-drilling the bath will look ****e.

In hindsight yes I should have recessed the bath more at the other end. The width of the room is ever so slightly shy of a 1400mm bath which is the reason I had to recess it in the first place.

I probably should have just gone with a 1300mm bath but was keen to get maximum bath I could

I stupidly fixed the bath, cut away the brick to sit it in in one end, then I've tanked the area and put the tape down to the lip of the bath. I did all this before I tested the taps, so it's not been bodged to this point as the bath is solidly fixed.

I should have done this test before doing all the above I agree, but without wanting to unseat the bath and remove the tanking, taking plater off the wall will disrupt the whole area now.

Sponsored Links
Oh and you won't actually see that they have been re-drilled either as the taps will still cover the original holes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back