Scotland - Building Warrant - do you NEED architect drawings??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Planning on changing the utility room into a utility/downstairs toilet. Not much work needed - keeping mostly everything as is. Need the rear door bricked up and an opening under stairs created so we were planning on a brickie/joiner and plumber and doing joinery/tiling etc ourselves with my dads help. Though and after speaking to the LA I am feeling a bit overwhelmed!

So although he said we dont need an architect as such we do need drawings/plans of a nature that we couldn't (or shouldn't) attempt ourselves. It's a toilet out of necessity for our son and not something we had planned or have ££ to throw at. But now it seems it's going to cost £££ on architect / design plans?

Any idea how much it costs for someone to provide plans for something I have already designed / worked out myself?

Thanksx

Sponsored Links
Speak to an architectural technician, savings can typically be had there.

I might have a break down of our architects cost to give you a rough guide, but need emails on a PC for that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back