Scotland Gas Networks Transfer Supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if this is a stupid question.

Have a bit of a mare with SGN. They sent standard letter last week saying they may need access to my property to carry out some work.

I spoke to the SGN project manager yesterday who said there was an issue with the pipe in my neighbours garden and they would not need to access my property. In any case they would have had to give me 5 days notice before doing any work on my property.

My wife gets home tonight to find a hole in our garden at the meter and a note through the door saying they will cut us off tomorrow to transfer to a new supply pipe and need access at to my house at 12.30 to relight the system. FFS!!

I am down in London on business tomorrow so needless to say I will not be around for this but the question anyway is I have an Vailant 837 Ecotec combi boiler and a gas cooker but only the hob (electric oven) . I am not aware of either having a pilot light that needs relit after being cut off.

Is this the correct. What exactly do they need access to the property for.

Comments appreciated,

cheers

Ian

Sponsored Links
They will check there are no gas leaks and purge the air from pipes. If you are not there when they come just ring them up when you get home and let them turn on at your convenience.

Thanks for reply.

A bit frustrating though and disruptive but not much choice.

Got back from work tonight though and there was a smell of gas in the street. Called SGN out and the guy said there is a leak at the T connection in the road, so they may decide to cut off the supply tonight, great stuff!!

They are not filling me with confidence I must say.......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back