SCRAPPING MY CAR???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give me any info on scrapping please?
To cut a long story short I want to get rid of my banger ASAP and because I cant use my breakdown co. at the moment to transport it to a "webuyanycar.com" car port as I had intended, I was wondering about scrapping it. Do they pick it up, thats my main problem and if so how do I go about this?
Be grateful of any info, thanks, Heather.

Sponsored Links
most places do free pick up mate, just ring them,tell them make, model and year of car, they will give you an idea of what they are willing to pay, then they will come out, maybe offer you slightly less, but they will then take it away for you, REMEMBER you will have to get them to fill in the V5 (log book) and YOU will have to post it to DVLA.
Most say they will do all the paper work, personally i ask them to do it there and then, as i once scrapped a car and lo and behold it was caught on camera a few weeks later and i got a summons for back dated tax duty

Phone a couple of them. Some offer free uplift but some will give you something for it. What kind of car is it?

If you don't intend to use your old car for a dealer offer - i.e 10 years old, with MOT and yours for at least a year, most scrappers will come and collect it for you. H. Pringle (Newburn) and C&R Grieveson (Walker) come to mind in the toon area. John :)

Sponsored Links
what area of tyne & Wear are you in mate, i MAY be able to help,depending on what car it is you need rid of as i have a friend who owns a small breakers yard,and he will insist that YOU and HIM fill in the paperwork

Aw thanks loads for the help everyone. Its a P reg Vauxhall Corsa and its parked in my sisters yard in Hendon, Sunderland. Its ran and ran then on a Saturday at a busy set of lights it cut out. Tried starting it 3 times but wouldnt catch, breakdown came and it started 2nd time, mechanic said it was just 1 of those things. Ran and started fine till the Monday it did the same in the middle of a busy lane as I waited to trrn right. Got a push to a side road, left car over night, came back next morning still wouldnt start, breakdown eventually got it going-seemed fine, drove bout 2 miles heading to garage and it did the same 4 times in 1 street. Breakdown put it on truck got it to garage. Mechanic, bless him worked on it all day, drove it miles and couldnt find a thing wrong with it. Havnt drove it since but my sisters starting for me every day, been bout 3 weeks now. Basically I just want someone to pick it up and take it, and I got a new exhaust fitted 5 days before it cut out so if they wanted that they could have it. Was gonna sell it to "webuyanycar.com" for £50 but I have to get the car there. Theres no way Im driving it through the busy city ctr over the bridge to cut out again as the Breakdown company is funny about me calling them out again, phew, Heather.

Back