scratche son stainless steel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
any tips on removing scratches form stainless steel appliances?

Sponsored Links
hi sorry i didn't reply to your other post sooner..

I managed to shine the cooker top up a treat with the baby oil but i've not got rid of any of the scratches at all....+ i've not quite braved anything that might cause any sort of other mark yet....

am working on it.

Try using cutting compound and mutton cloth. Available from any motor accessories shop.

Try to rub in a uniform back to front motion to prevent a swirling pattern.

If the scratches are a little to deep you could (as a last resort) try wet and dry paper 1200 grit with a little washing up liquid in some water.

Tried and tested methods by me (a friend dripped neat patio cleaner on his sink), very upset he was. Hate to see a grown man cry!

thanks, scratches not too deep so i'll try cutting compund and mutton cloth

Sponsored Links
To get rid of the scratches you will probably need a number of polishing compounds of different grades. If you are lucky enough to have an ironmonger nearby, they will have a range of products, and will probably be able to advise how to do it. Unless you have a polishing machine, it is a fairly long job. Car accessory stores alsohave a range of products, but you will need a good one to get the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back