Scratched and bubbled vinyl

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
A relation has been repeatedly pushing an armchair around on a vinyl floor, with a seized castor. I have replaced the castor, but it has been dragging on the flooring and left multiple scratches, and the surface seems to have stretched up into abubble through being dragged about. The scratched area is about a square metre.

I have cleaned the floor, but the scratches still show. I suppose some kind of abrasive cleaning is needed. What recommendation?

I was wondering if a hot air gun would help soften the vinyl and let it relax down flat. Any ideas?

TIA

Sponsored Links
the only chance you have of hiding the scratches is to seal the flooring with something like karndeans "dim glow"

The bubbles are caused by damage and im affriad they are there to stay. The only chance you have of removing the bubbles is to fully bond the vinyl. But you would be lucky.

It may work out cheaper to replace.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back