Vinyl Floor stained!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a new bathroom put in with a new vinyl floor put down. It's standard black and white checkered pattern. Somehow my plumber got a smear of some expanding foam onto one of the white squares of the new vinyl flooring..! A bit of very tentative elbow grease managed to get it off, but now there is a noticeable patch.

Looking closely the vinyl surface seems undamaged, the fine stippling is there, no scratches or hazing. No trace of the foam left. But I can't get rid of this patch with bleach or owt. I'm assuming some top coat has been taken off the vinyl surface, does anyone have any suggestions? Is there such a thing as dye or chemical treatment for vinyl flooring or something along those lines?

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• 16935528_10154867781045977_1137144383_o.jpg
    16935528_10154867781045977_1137144383_o.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 101
Sponsored Links
Before you start messing around with it, think carefully you could get the Plumber to replace/repair the flooring. he was careless (didnt he use dust sheets)
Thats what his liability Insurance is for, if you mess around with it the Insurance Company could say you have made it worse and refuse payment.
Your Decision. You could just stand something on it

That's absolutely spot on but the suite had been laid down and fixed in ontop of the flooring by this point. It's a very annoying patch, but not one worth the hassle of taking the suit back out to put fresh vinyl down. If it can't be pigmented somehow I guess I'll just put a runner down or summat... :/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back