vinyl floor - stretch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a vinyl floor laid yesterday in the kitchen. Vinyl is laid on a concrete floor with self level compound on top. Not sure if am being to eager to get the fitter back but when I got up this morning I noticed a bubble in one area of the vinyl. It looks like it needs stretching but not sure if I need to give the vinyl time to settle. Will it shrink and tighten up or will it stretch more now it's down? I was going to give it a week before contacting the fitter. Other than this the fitter has done an excellent job. Should I wait or do I need it stretched and trimmed? I am hoping it will settle as I don't want to have to get the washing machine and cooker out again.

Sponsored Links
the washing machine and cooker - are they on top of the flooring so preventing it from settling? I believe vinyl spreads out a little after it is laid. You might be able to push the bubbles to the side or end with a soft broom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back