scratches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am a single parent with no diy skills and have recently had a ceramic floor (tiles) laid in my kitchen.I pulled out the freezer to paint behind and have scratched the floor tiles with 2 quite deep lines. :cry: Can any one please advise how to get rid,or cover these,without having to take up the damaged tiles and replace.......
Thanks,in advance for any suggestions ........

Sponsored Links
You will not be able to remove the scratches, you will have to live with them or as you say replace the tiles, then the replacement may show as the grout will be a different colour & you may not get the tiles laid to the same level

If I'd laid the floor and you rang me and told me what you'd done I'd have nipped in and changed them for you without charge.

Alarm bells are ringing. Are you sure that the floor has been tiled with floor tiles and not wall tiles? Floor tiles are very durable and should not mark so easily.

Sponsored Links
Alarm bells are ringing. Are you sure that the floor has been tiled with floor tiles and not wall tiles? Floor tiles are very durable and should not mark so easily.

You pull a fridge with hard feet over a floor tile, wall tile, cieling tile, roof tile, ceramic with a glazed face, it's gonna scratch.

As others have said. Replacing is relatively straightforward for your fixer unless there is underfloor heating.

Good luck

You pull a fridge with hard feet over a floor tile, wall tile, cieling tile, roof tile, ceramic with a glazed face, it's gonna scratch.
Sorry mate, but that's bol*ocks.

Well we will just have to agree to disagree on that one.... ;)

i thinki have to agree with gcol, if youve got a proper floor tile it should with stand appliance movement.

OK - 2 against one :cry:

The original poster MUST have wall tiles on her floor, or a problem with her appliance..... ;) ;) ;)

Oh no Joan - you had better rip all your tiles up - if the advice on here is anything to go by your fixer must have put wall tiles on the floor.

On second thoughts, just replace the damaged floor tiles you have unfortunately scratched - and be careful not to scratch them again.

Oh no Joan - you had better rip all your tiles up - if the advice on here is anything to go by your fixer must have put wall tiles on the floor.

On second thoughts, just replace the damaged floor tiles you have unfortunately scratched - and be careful not to scratch them again.
Be careful what you recommend with your tongue in cheek attitude. I realise you are being sarcastic but the poster might not. You've gotta be careful on here mate - there's no telling what people will do - some people believe everything they read.
The fact is, the general consensus here is that floor tiles don't scratch easily - certainly not by dragging an appliance over them. I've never seen floor tiles of a low enough quality that would - but that's not saying they don't exist. All we were saying is that before replacing the damaged tiles, make sure that what you have down are floor tiles or you'd be wasting your time - you can get wall tiles that look like floor tiles but they aren't as tough. It's not beyond the realms of possibility to have some numpty do this. You don't know the job, you haven't seen the tiles, so all you can do is suggest or hint at what has gone wrong and then reply as and when the poster provides further information.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back