Screeding Question - depth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Read a few posts on screeding where the recommended depth for screed was between 50mm and 80mm.

I will have a garage floor to finish off with screed, the existing hardstanding is on an incline with around a 200mm height difference from one end to the other (~6m long).

1) Would it be best to fill the deeper end with regular concrete mix to bring it up to within the 80mm mark or can I just go ahead and use screed all round (maybe that wont be as economical or there is a strength issue?)

2) I would like to place a DPM below the screed as the existing hardstanding does not have one - would this be acceptable if the depth at the higher end was only 50mm?

Many thanks,
Christian.

PS recently read post where someone was screeding a large area, the tips on how to get it level was useful, thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back