floor screed and insulation question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
we are about to insulate and screed our newly built kitchen. The concrete slab is in place and the plans state 85 mm of insulation and 75 mm screed wich is a total of 160mm. We actually have 200mm depth to fill and I would like some advice as to wether we should use deeper insulation rather than deeper screed?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
id use all insulation persoally and chipboard.no drying out time,no moiture in the house,can work on it straight away,less depth of substance for insulation to take effect.

I'm thinking chipboard would move about? surely the insulation isnt rigid enough to support chipboard permantly?

chipboard would not move and the insulation would support the floor with no problems, go for it

Chipboard flooring in the kitchen?

url

never failed yet for me,unless you mop ya floor excessively.use the green stuff and make sure you glue the joints if you go down that route.

I would not even bother burning chipboard.

To say it is rubbish would insult rubbish things.

Go for a heavier screed. I do not trust screeds that float on insulation, so i would always tend to go for a thicker screed, to give it a better chance.

Lets not forget that you already have a dry slab beneath the inso'.

P.s. you would need to be completely insane to fit chipboard in a kitchen, particularly when you have an opportunity to lay a 'solid' floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back