Screening on a roll

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am about to take down and replace some Willow screening on a roll. It is brittle and snapping but has done well. Just wondering what to use now.

I have a choice of Willow, Reed, Bamboo split/slat or Bamboo Whole.

Any comments or experiences place.
(I have brushwood screening elswhere and it would not suit this job.)

Just

Sponsored Links
Spooky - I've just searched this forum for info on screening, as I have a length of mesh & barbed wire fence at the end of my garden I want to cover up (belongs to TFL), and wanted to find out any pros/cons for bamboo/willow/brushwood/etc.

So hopefully we'll see some replies, but in the mean time, how long did your willow last?

And what is it about brushwood which makes it good/bad for some things or others?

Spooky - I've just searched this forum for info on screening, as I have a length of mesh & barbed wire fence at the end of my garden I want to cover up (belongs to TFL), and wanted to find out any pros/cons for bamboo/willow/brushwood/etc.

So hopefully we'll see some replies, but in the mean time, how long did your willow last?

And what is it about brushwood which makes it good/bad for some things or others?

I reckon the willow screening lasted 15 years, that is just a guess. It has become what it is...dried sticks, so is very brittle and snapping.

The brushwood looks good on a roll but does not provide a dense screen and does not appear to be very long lived, I would not use it again.
I guess the advantage of brushwood would be for a themed, ornamental finish.

For my job I think I will be going with slatted bamboo, strong and ornamental.

andytw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back