Screw-holes

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I have a noticeboard for a sort of village hall, where I put up posters and notices.

These are always A3, laminated for weather protection, and I made the board to fit, in 12mm WBP. I drilled pilot holes for screws in the corners of the posters. Due to size and shape, the posters and their corners are always in the same place.

As the holes have been used multiple times, they have worn loose. I am trying to think of an alternative method of fixing that would be strong enough to withstand strong winds and occasionally children trying to pull them off.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
M4 threaded inserts?...

$_1.JPG

Glue them when you screw them in to put up with repeated undoing, then use some m4 washer(flange) head screws...

A2_ScrewBolt_SHBtnFlg_M.jpg

Gaz :)

thanks, I will try that. I already have stainless flange-headed screws which I use on the car.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back