Screw In Shower Jets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought 4 body jets from Bath World. These are the screw in type (see pic). These will be fed by a 3 bar pump.

I am a bit worried about getting these to seal properley. You can only screw them in by hand. Obviosly I need to complete shower walls AND tile before I can fit them and test. If they leak I am how do you say....stuffed!
Spoke to their tech guys who said just screw them in by hand.

Any of you guys got any tips?

Sponsored Links
as said if you use enough ptfe you will be ok.

how thick are your tiles ?
as your wall plate is shallower than your wall thats before your tiles and adhesive are on. not going to leave you much thread.

Maybe pics are a bit deceiving there is loads of thread. Tiles are just plain whites prob about 6mm thick.

I will put plenty of ptfe on - just doesnt sound right. Much rather something with a spanner on it!

yes pics can be deceiving they useally have quite a good thread they just looked short.

to much ptfe makes them tight to screw not enough makes them leak.

but they do go in ok.

Sponsored Links
Cheers feel a little happier now.

I have left the back of the wall un-boarded so at least I can see if the leak.

Maybe a bit late now but I would have made that hole a bit tighter fit & had the wall plate protrude through the backer board as far as possible then sealed around it with silicone. That way if it ever does leak, water can only come out through the front & won’t end up behind the backer board damaging whatever you’ve built the false wall out of.

Probably a parallel thread so, as Seco says, you have to get the number PTFE turns just right; don’t force it or over tighten it.

I like your thinking Richard - think I will try and seal them anyway it cant hurt things.

I couldnt bring the wall plates any further out as the elbow would foul the aquapanel.

As for the tighter fit - it was hard enough getting it all to fit with these size holes!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back