Screw length and mounting method for conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Novice Questions I guess but I'm reading a lot of different answers...

But conservatory panels being mounted to concrete block dwarf wall.

1- what size concrete screw would you use to mount the first window to the wall?

2- do I mount the sill to the wall securely then mount the window to the sill. Or would I lightly secure sill in to place, then go through window + sill straight in to brick?
And in any case what length concrete screws is advised/how deep in to the concrete is secure enough?

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
When I did mine, the sill was screwed to the brick. the frame to the sill

Check the spec on the concrete screws, most will give you either advised penetration depth or maximum fixing thickness.
Or use frame anchors or long screws and Rawlplugs (drill thru, hammer plug through on end of screw, tighten).
Assuming this is placcie, the windows near the doors def fix through the sill to concrete- fix the sill first to stop it wandering around. The rest, up to you- I prefer fixing through to solid myself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back