Screed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am putting up a conservatory this week. The wall, concrete ect, are all done. But the floor is not as level as I would like. I am putting the sills on tomorrow, but I will clearly need to screed over the concrete. If I put the sills on as the floor is, when I screed over the floor to level it, it will probably end up at the top of the sill level, then floor tiles on top of that. What I am thinking of doing is adding another course of bricks, then putting the sills on. This would gove me the necessaty depth to screed and tile over.

They are 75mm bricks. That should give me 30mm screed and 40 - 45mm for the tiles and grout.

Does this seem the best option? I think if I do not put this extra course on I will have difficulty when tiling, taking up the uneveness, and may end up with the tiles higher than the sill.

BTW it is a full lenght conservatory.

Advice appreciated.

Thanks
Bob

Sponsored Links
Will the floor have to end up level with floors in the existing house? If not then I can't see that it matters too much as the tiling could be butted up against the bottom frame rail of the patio / outside doors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back