Screw organiser

Keep them by screw size, not length. in the original packs on the shelf, that way you know where the gauges are and that when located you will have the different sizes to select.

Blup

Sponsored Links
i went and had a look at the boxes i have
I have 3 of the shallow stanly fatmax - and they are all the waterproof version, with a seal and metal catches - and 4 of the deep boxes , which do not have the seal and plastic catches - these are the screwfix 2 for 1 deal

The dewalt organisers fit dewalt TSTAK - so dont fit the stanley unfortunately - I purchased the TSTAK so i could use with various tools i have in TSTAK
the idea was to add screw/rawlplug/pensils/ruler etc into the dewalt organiser and fit that on top of the Drill/driver/bits tstak if going someway to work - which i have done and works very well

here are some pictures taken today , with a ruler to show sizes - large contains will take a 150mm length - i have a few 100mm in the box

hope thats not confusing for you

But i also have 3 boxes of the screwfix screw sets
which also have various sizes , i use those mainly as they are all sized and gauged

The screws in the fatmax are just loads of screws i have had over 35years or more of DIY - in glass jars/boxes/tins etc - which i sorted through over covid

Attachments

• IMG_0175.jpeg
    IMG_0175.jpeg
    253.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0174.jpeg
    IMG_0174.jpeg
    388 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0173.jpeg
    IMG_0173.jpeg
    456.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0172.jpeg
    IMG_0172.jpeg
    260.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0171.jpeg
    IMG_0171.jpeg
    358.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0170.jpeg
    IMG_0170.jpeg
    356.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0169.jpeg
    IMG_0169.jpeg
    534.7 KB · Views: 59
Get rid of the organisers and chuck the lot into some buckets. :)

What about tilt bin storage, small bins at the top for the tiny screws and large bins at the bottom for the big ones, clear bins so you can see what you have without opening each bin, not cheap but a good storage solution for a garage/workshop

Sponsored Links
Storing screws in a garage/shed by gauge rather length makes it much easier to find what you need IMO, even if they’re randomly stored in jars or tins. For portable storage, Screw-fix have a good offer on the TStak atm, its robustly made and the bins are deep.

Blup

Storing screws in a garage/shed by gauge rather length makes it much easier to find what you need IMO, even if they’re randomly stored in jars or tins.
I hate randomly stored screws. If you are working in a hurry they can be a menace - for example you are joining kitchen cabinets with 15mm thick walls using 25mm screws. If you pick up a 30mm screw out of a random box you'll blow out the side of a cabinet. Easily done

Last edited by a moderator:
Likewise but the randomness increases exponentially if there is a mixture of gauge and length.

Blup

Following on from my previous post:

I have one of these in the garage, those boxes fit in the little tubs just fine, they're available off eBay/Amazon etc for about £30. I didn't bother with the woeful tool hanging bits, just spaced the tubs out more evenly.

View attachment 278194

Google 'tools screws storage bins 65pc wall mount diy shelving set organiser garage' if you're interested.

In action:

gist.jpg

I managed to get all my commonly used screws into this.
It’s unusual to use anything outside these sizes. If I do need them, I could reach for the relevant box. I can now put all the remaining screws at the back of my shed so they aren’t occupying premium space.

Attachments

• 007846A7-46E6-4DD1-8120-E9A6C57D499F.jpeg
    007846A7-46E6-4DD1-8120-E9A6C57D499F.jpeg
    455.9 KB · Views: 51
looks great - was that the Amazon one linked to ? as that seems to have a different number of large boxes and also states 6 removable compartments

looks great - was that the Amazon one linked to ? as that seems to have a different number of large boxes and also states 6 removable compartments
Went for this on eBay in the end. Had free postage :)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
thanks for that
interesting , shows the same image as amazon
unless i'm not picking it up correctly - your image shows 6 double size pots and 8 others - which looks balanced and useful for longer items
but the sites show 5

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back