Screwfix alan key size for lockshield fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm fitting new radiators and found that the lockshield valves I bought from Screwfix need a smaller alan key than the one in my tool kit. Does anyone know what size it is. It their product 33920if that helps.

Cheers

Andy

Sponsored Links
yes, I got a Monument one of them

big advantage is that if your ratchet handle won't get the old tail out, you can use a tommy bar and a length of scaffold pole.

I don't think the steel is anything special, though.

Sponsored Links
Didn't bother with the ratchet. Another 15 quid, and more unecessary weight in the tool bag. I just use my adjustable spanner on the flats of the step wrench to tighten.

oh yes, but I mean, I bought mine to get out some very old tails that were held in by age, rust and boss white.

Thank for the answers.

It's the one required to screw the valve into the radiator. I think it's about 10mm.

Only changing two raditors and moving some around. Just bought a house that I found had a single pipe system and some massive radiators (probably because of the system). I'm changing it to a two pipe system and moving a couple of radiators to suit the room sizes.

As I'm only fitting two radiators I won't need a universal tool. Lukily I'm still in rental so I'll take my set of alan keys up 10mm round tommorow and try those.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back