Screwfix box spanners

Rothenberger sell 2 different ones (confusing), and it’ll probably be the one with 3 box spanners in it. As long as you now have the correct one.

I may still purchase the Rothenbergers ones, apparently they can fit inside each other to extend the length, my other ones cannot.

Sponsored Links
I bought one of these once. Left the label on, tightened my taps and took it back for a refund. Feck 'em!

I bought one of these once. Left the label on, tightened my taps and took it back for a refund. Feck 'em!

Argos were a godsend in my youth for various things I knew I'd only use once and that I could return in 'unused' condition!

Sponsored Links
Just drill the Tommy bar holes again with slightly larger bit and metal will fall away .

I took them back for a refund. From memory, I would have needed a 15mm drill bit to remove the whole of the indentation.

I took them back for a refund. From memory, I would have needed a 15mm drill bit to remove the whole of the indentation.
Tommy bar holes are 5-6mm ? 15mm is bigger than the box spanner for taps.

Tommy bar holes are 5-6mm ? 15mm is bigger than the box spanner for taps.

I may have been exaggerating, possibly 12mm not 15mm

screwfix-box.jpg

The indentations are really deep. The obstruct the interior by about 25%.

That’s a standard box spanner set not a plumbers set.

It's all rather confusing. Each of the sets that I have previously purchased just called themselves box spanner and not plumber's box spanners. Frankly I do not understand why anyone would make a device that is very similar to another but more limited. I can see absolutely no benefit to designing a box spanner that is severely limited in the depth of threaded bolt that it can deal with. I have come across loads of situations where the non-plumber tradesman has needed to deal with an inch (or more) of threaded bolt before reaching the nut.

Couldn’t you have put an ordinary socket on the other end of the box spanner?

The tube appears to be severally squeezed in, where the holes are made for the bar to go through. The look to be quite rudimentary metal stampings, rather than the holes being drilled.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back