screwfix coving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anybody used the polyurethane coving sold by screwfix? They certainly sell it well in their description but hows it compare to good quality plaster coving?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I won't use anything other than plaster coving.

This polystyrene stuff worries me - polystyrene gives off toxic fumes when burned (and also burns ferociously!). In the event of a fire I worry what effect this stuff will have. OK, so there are many things in the house that brn and give toxic fumes but why add to them?

Plaster stuff all the way I say.

£20 for 18 metres (6 x 3m) of Gyproc in B&Q. Look in the building section, not the decorating section where it's only available in 2m lengths.

Regards

Fred

Thanks for the replies, I think I'll go with plaster in 3m lengths - cheaper too!

Sponsored Links
No worries. One other thing. Go for the powdered cove adhesive rather than ready mixed stuff too. Much better. Much cheaper and you can mix just what you need. It's got better grab than ready mix too.

Can be found in the building section again.

Regards

Fred

In my opinion "FredFlintstone" is bang on with his advice "pburch".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back