screwfix voucher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Always thought screwfix was a pain wanting personal details. so started using companies adress instead
But today got a £5 voucher, 14 days to cash in and appears no catch and nothing stopping you getting something worth just a fiver.
Seems computer thinks I aint placed an order for sometime.

Trouble is dont know what i want as the company pays for small items like screws etc.

Anyone else here get one and any ideas what to get for a fiver.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You could treat yourself to the ever reliable neon screwdriver or just forward voucher to me.

I use screwfix fairly regularly, not so long ago they were offering £50 and £100 vouchers, if you spent a certain amount in a particular month. That has seemed to have dried up!

You proberly were here too, but in the early days, this site always had a discount code for screwfix.

i always thougt they were part of B+Q and they were gonna base them in the B+Q stores, then suddenly "Trade Point went in instead.

Round here there putting Toolstations inside wickes

They aren't part of B&Q itself, but Screwfix is owned by Kingfisher who also owns B&Q.

Kingfisher's strategy is to close down certain B&Q sheds but to open up more Screwfix sites. It takes 50 people to staff a B&Q and a lot fewer to run a Screwfix - as you'll know if you go into one on a Saturday morning!

They aren't part of B&Q itself, but Screwfix is owned by Kingfisher who also owns B&Q.
Both sell same brands but one is half the price of the other!

Kingfisher's strategy is to close down certain B&Q sheds but to open up more Screwfix sites. It takes 50 people to staff a B&Q and a lot fewer to run a Screwfix - as you'll know if you go into one on a Saturday morning!
I cant blame them, but it is annoying if there's someone who wants to look at 10 packs of screws to find a match, against a team who can't recognise or have the tools to know the difference between a metric thread and a Whitworth.

Trade point is the same as Screwfix even to the point of using the same part codes for their products. The only difference is trade point is more expensive especially if you have an electricfix account at Screwfix.

Trade point is the same as Screwfix even to the point of using the same part codes for their products. The only difference is trade point is more expensive especially if you have an electricfix account at Screwfix.
Never really checked the prices since Screwfix has vat added and ElectroFix does not. Are you saying better not to use the Electrofix counter?

I cant blame them, but it is annoying if there's someone who wants to look at 10 packs of screws to find a match, against a team who can't recognise or have the tools to know the difference between a metric thread and a Whitworth.
Though despite the name screwfix don't seem to sell much in the way of machine screws. They don't seem to have a category for them, searching for whitworth didn't find any screws at all. Searching for M3 found one length and head type of m3 screw (and a load of M3.5 socket screws). Searching for M4 did find a bit more stuff.

Never really checked the prices since Screwfix has vat added and ElectroFix does not. Are you saying better not to use the Electrofix counter?

No I'm saying not to use trade point!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back