screwfixwardrobes.com

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Has anyone used these guys? I'm looking to build some fitted wardrobes in an alcove and i'm looking for places to buy doors. Has anyone got any good (cheapish) places to get sliding doors? Or have an alternative to sliding doors? The alcove is 1980mm wide and 2280mm tall.

Thanks in advance!

Drew

Sponsored Links
Whatever you want from Screwfix, they won't have it in stock!
That's a little unfair. A lot of things, out of the ordinary, won't be in stock, granted. But it is only a 24hour ordering procedure.
Order today and it's ready for collection about noon tomorrow.
Alternatively you can search/enquire on the 'net for where it is in stock.

Sponsored Links
Whenever I go to my local trade counter, they generally have about 50% of what I need in stock. I normally need the stuff for that day so end up going elsewhere. :(

We got our sliding wardrobe from SpaceSlide which is now apparently working with screwfix.

We were very happy with the end result and it was a doddle to fit.

We put ours along the full wall in our bedroom which has a chimney breast in it. It was about 4m long and what I did was get 4 end panels to secure to the end walls and the sides of the breast to make 2 seperate wardrobes in the alcoves and then one central section on the breast with a shelf and a tv etc.

Then just picked up rails and plastic containers from ikea/wickes to finish it off inside.

There is a stock checker on the internet. You can check before leaving the house.

In my experience, it's good marketing practice to have an idea of the catchment area of your customers. It helps decision making, like "Is it worth opening another store, and in which locality?"
Obviously, address and postcode can be used for other marketing purposes as well, but you can opt out of these.
You're not obliged to disclose your address/postcode.
Other stores, such as Machine Mart, Brico Depot, collect the same info'.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a massive fan of Screwfix, or any other store, but I accept that stores do collect info' for marketing purposes. If I think they'll misuse that info' I'll deny them access to my info'.

I will, however, tend to use the stores that are most convenient and offer the best price. Regularly trying to achieve the best convenience/time V price /money balance.

It's great fun going to the B....don branch of Screwfix.

Anyone can listen in on their conversation - usually about who's turn it is to go lunch or tea beak or anything else apart from who's gonna serve the line of customers.

This often passes the time whilst queing out the door and down the road.

:D

It's great fun going to the B....don branch of Screwfix.

Anyone can listen in on their conversation - usually about who's turn it is to go lunch or tea beak or anything else apart from who's gonna serve the line of customers.

This often passes the time whilst queing out the door and down the road.

:D

Sounds familiar..!

Sponsored Links
Back