Screwing on bath cradle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a set distance from the end of the bath to were you screw on the 2 bath cradles that the legs attach to?

Sponsored Links
There are normally marks on the base of the bath marking where the cradle screws into. If not then I find the centre line, and then around the middle distance from that to each end of the bath within the plywood base support. Just use your eye to support it evenly.

Thank you the screws that screw the centre support to the base seem to go alot deeper in to the base then the screws for the cradle. Though not all the way through.

Obviously as long as they don't pierce through the base of the bath then all's good, they're usually thick stubby screws for the base. Take it you're talking about the screws for the Plastic T brackets going into the wood rim? They're just locating screws really, 1/8th part pre-drill to stop the wood splitting.

Sponsored Links
No meant the stubby ones for the centre support leg. Do you ever silicone the mixer tap in even though it comes with a washer. If having a shower run off the taps?

Depends on the type of seal, if the tap location on the bath and the tap sit nice and level then no real need, just needs to be squeaky clean and then tighten the tap properly - not over tight - and that's all that should be needed.
Doing it as a DIY'er, then a little (little mind you :)) clear, good quality silicone either side of the washer wouldn't hurt.

I put silicone under the top flange of the bath tap and nothing except the rubber washer on the underside. I find that the washer slips out of place when it has silicone on it. Sometimes I bin the rubber washer altogether.

Obviously as long as they don't pierce through the base of the bath then all's good, they're usually thick stubby screws for the base. Take it you're talking about the screws for the Plastic T brackets going into the wood rim? They're just locating screws really, 1/8th part pre-drill to stop the wood splitting.
the 2 screws for the centre support leg appear to be the same as the ones you use to screw the metal cradle to the black plastic clips that attatch to the wood

That should be fine, once the bath is in and the legs adjusted so they are tight and level to the floor then all the screws do is keep the supports in place, all the weight is straight down so the screws do little else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back