Scrim or not

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi moved a couple of light switches so have 75mm square holes left I have put a couple of straps in behind the plasterboard and screwed a square of new plasterboard in, in the past I would have used self adhesive mesh then fast set the joint, but have run out of mesh so is it recommended to use it ?

Sponsored Links
Hi moved a couple of light switches so have 75mm square holes left I have put a couple of straps in behind the plasterboard and screwed a square of new plasterboard in, in the past I would have used self adhesive mesh then fast set the joint, but have run out of mesh so is it recommended to use it ?

I always mesh tape everything with a joint in it, I even run mesh tap down the edges of corner beads. You wont need much tape, so ask a friend, painter and decorator, plasterer, anyone who might have some.

I always mesh tape everything with a joint in it, I even run mesh tap down the edges of corner beads. You wont need much tape, so ask a friend, painter and decorator, plasterer, anyone who might have some.
Thanks will buy a roll I just wanted to check

Sponsored Links
on that note is it better to use paper rather than mesh tape ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back