Scrim tape existing painted walls?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I know I need to scrim new plasterboard joints, whether to new plasterboard or existing.

But is there a definitive guide for whether to scrim internal corners of existing painted/skimmed boards?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
there's no need to tape inside ceiling corners for existing skimmed boards - you simply trowel into the corner the depth of your skim coats - you dont need to turn down the wall.

going over previously skimmed work, & given you mention a "painted" ceiling - then you pre-wash the painted ceiling with two coats of 50:50 Pva and water, & go at it when the second coat is tacky.

if you want to know a little more about how to do inside ceiling corners then come back?

Thanks guys. I don’t think the painted walls have ever been skimmed. Just drylined and painted

Sponsored Links
If they have been lined without taping and filling you will have to tape before skimming.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back