Scrim tape

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When ever I have had a plasterer skim new plaster board they always have always scrim the corners between corners of walls or the ceiling and walls.
I have had a plaster come to skim a room and has not done a very good job. I have had to pull some of the board down he has put up and found there is no scrim in the corners. Should he have used scrim in the corners?
I am wondering now if he has used any on any of the joint.
What are the odd of the plaster cracking?
Thanks for reading

Sponsored Links
You always scrim the joint in the middle of the room, but you only do the coners if you're doing the adjoining wall. Some plasterers will put scrim tape in the gap at the edgewhilst others will fill any gaps with bonding, but if you scrim the corners, but only plaster one wall, then you've got lose scrim on the adjoining wall.

Thanks for replying. It was the whole room ceiling and walls. He did not scrim one joint as it has cracked. Going to have get the whole room plastered again.

Sponsored Links
The it's definitely been done wrong. I'd call him back and complain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back