SDS adapters and core drill clutches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a few SDS bits in my tool box, but of course my battery drill isn't SDS - and every now and then I need a drill which I have in SDS but not plain shank.

Anyone know of an adapter to fit SDS bits into a plain chuck ?

Also, everyone keeps saying you need a clutch when core drilling, but the dedicated machines are far too expensive for infrequent DIY usage. Does anone know if there's a clutch unit available (SDS one end, 1/2" thread the other for the core) as a separate unit ?
As I say, this is only for infrequent DIY usage. Last time I hired both the core drill (the biggest they had !) and machine - but the clutch was knackered in that, which from the way the guy spoke seemed to be normal (as in, can't send that one back till some of the others come back from having their clutched repaired !). Having my own would be more convenient.

Sponsored Links
I already have an SDS machine (or rather Dad does), but as I don't get to do a lot of "hands on" work, I don't generally have it with me while I normally take the battery drill with me.
But as you say, "HOW MUCH" :eek:

Edit: But now you've given me a hint, I see they are available for less money. The "hex to …" bit was a help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back