SDS+ drill recommendations?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I'm creating a new home for my washing machine in the "cupboard under the stairs" rather than the kitchen. Said cupboard is next to the bathroom next to the head-end of the bath, so there's ready access to the T into the shower's water supply. I had hoped that I could T into the bath's waste, but the plug hole is too close to the outside wall to allow this readily, so I'm going to have to to the T-ing outside and run the washing machine's waste out through the wall. I'm not much looking forward to this since I'm on the second floor, but such is life!

I have borrowed a 45mm masonary core drill with SDS+ fitting, and smaller bits suitable for piloting, but I don't have anything man enough to drive them. I have an old small B&D hammer drill that has been fine for my use until now, but I believe I will need something better for this job.

Has anyone seen anything good value recently that they would recommend? I have been told that cheapo SDS+ drills are actually pretty good and will do for my limited usage, but I'm willing to invest a bit more for something better if it will last longer or be more functional so that it will actually be better value. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
jire one from HSS or the like , its a few quid for a day and it will be a good one

Sponsored Links
Cheap SDS drills may in fact be worse than your old B&D.
They have a slipping clutch to stop you overloading the motor which makes using a core drill almost impossible.

Frank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back