dewalt sds drill

blb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to buy an SDS drill, initially to facilitate chasing some pipe into a wall but also for future diy jobs. I found the following dewalt for sale which seems like very good value

SDS Drill

any opinions?

cheers

Edited the link correctly ;)

Sponsored Links
blb said:
I'm looking to buy an SDS drill, initially to facilitate chasing some pipe into a wall

i would like to see you try chasing a wall with that one, it doesnt mention rotary stop

it does say
Ideal for drilling anchor and fixing holes into concrete and masonry from 4 to 22mm in diameter
Impact-stop for drilling in wood, steel, ceramic and screwdriving applications
Full wave electronic variable speed for total control in any application
Safety clutch eliminates sudden high-torque reaction should the bit jam
Ergonomic rubber coated pistol grip handle design for improved comfort in use
High drilling rate due to revolutionary motor design

but no mention of rotary stop (impact stop is not the same) now you know why its cheap

aha, cheers for that, could have been an expensive mistake! :rolleyes:

blb, Try Makita, I have a 110V Makita (Not sure of model) and it's excellent.

780W motor, SDS chuck, came with Chuck Adaptor, has Hammer Stop, Roary Stop and full Hammer.

Sponsored Links
i have an erbauer 110V 650W. was about £80. only gets used for my own jobs/sometimes at work if there is a drill shortage (as in 'i cant be arsed doin work by hand')

no problems with it so far

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back