sealant around windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have render on the top half front of my house up to the roofline. I had new windows fitted eighteen months ago, white sealant was used in copious amounts to seal the join between the new frame and the exisiting render.

It's the wrong way round I know.. but this summer I'm having the render removed and replaced, like for like.

My question is.. when it's all done and I have a new join between the new render and the window frame, what type of sealant should I use to seal the join?

I've looked in Screwfix and the choice seems endless. As I'll only have scafolding up once I'd rather use the good stuff and spend an extra £20 than have to do it again. I'd prefer to use a brand that will last, not fade, easy to clean etc. Any recommendations very welcome !

Thanks very much

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back