Sealed heating system- water running through radiator?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi-

A bit of background - I have an old two up two down house built around 1905.

About ten years ago before I bought the house. The previous owner had a new sealed heating system installed and the bathroom was moved from one side of the house to the other to the adjacent room.

The bathroom is directly above the combi boiler and my assumption had been that the hot water pipes run directly up into the bathroom.

What seems strange is that When I open my bathroom taps I can hear what sounds like water running through my radiator in the adjacent room. - my question is, is this possible in a closed system or am I just hearing water running through the pipes behind the wall? I wouldn't expect pipes to be behind this wall but I guess they could be...

Thanks for looking and any help.

Cheers chris

Sponsored Links
Hi Muggles,

Thanks for the fast reply. My little boys asleep in there now but I'll check tomorrow and report back.

It's not urgent but I'm always keen to know these things!

Cheers Chris

Sponsored Links
The answer is anything can happen when a system has been wrongly fitted.

After several years working on heating systems one can still see new cockups never previously seen before.

Just today I saw a charred PCB damaged on the low voltage side where the power is so low that it would not usually happen.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back